Monday 20 June 2011

I love my job !


The weekend of the 11th and 12th June I worked with my university, The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). On this weekend we created a fashion styling event called the 'Stylists Closet' which in a previously published post I explained was an opportunity for the general public to receive style consultations and fashion advice. The two day event was a huge success with a chance for us to give out free advice and tips to the general public and to bring awareness to the university and the wide range of fashion courses they offer.
During the two days I was able to gain hands on experience in Personal Styling, with the help of the fabulous Emma Jade Parker and Steven Spencer who have worked professionally in Personal Styling for many years.
I carried out 15 minute consultations to a few women which included a face shape, body shape and colour analysis. As I completed each consultation I gained more confidence whilst carrying them out !

I think the whole event was made all the more better by the fabulous job that the Interior Design team did in creating a vintage travellers theme to the whole event. I especially adored the various coloured and shaped lampshades hanging from the ceiling. Here are some photographs of the interior decor which was sourced and designed by Interior Design students from UCLan !





No comments:

Post a Comment