Another month has quickly passed us by and I hope this feature is giving you both something to read and something to do ! So we're in September now and I must confess most of these topics in this months feature I actually tried out in August, but in some cases I have to try them in advance or I wouldn't have anything to write about ! Enjoy !
1) If you celebrate one anniversary this month celebrate twenty-five years of Elle ! You don't necessarily need a reason to buy this magazine, but this month the fashion magazine is celebrating twenty-five years of Elle. And yes i've bought a copy already ! To commemorate the occasion Elle has released a 25th anniversary collectors edition issue of the magazine, with actress Kate Hudson on the front cover. (Apologies to my mum and dad who are celebrating their wedding anniversary this month to!)
2) If you go to one bar this month, have a cocktail at Walrus Manchester, situated in the ever growing and popular Northern Quarter.
I recently spent time in Walrus during a night out for my friend Heather's 21st and couldn't believe how popular and crowded it was for such a small bar, which got slightly annoying. On the other hand they had mojitos on the menu and they were made well so I had nothing to complain about ! The prices were reasonable and the music and overall atmosphere was vibrant and loud.
3) If you watch one programme, watch The September Issue ! This one off documentary which was aired on More4 was filmed in New York following the staff of Vogue while planning the pages of the magazines September Issue. From watching the programme and seeing the daily ins and outs of the magazine and its Editor in Chief Anna Wintour, I discovered that Vogue isn't just a fashion magazine. The magazine and the people behind it including Editor at Large Andre Leon Talley, and Creative Director Grace Coddington don't follow trend they create them. I was surprised to see successful and well established designers and fashion houses such as Karl Lagerfeld and Stefano Pilati, Head Designer at YSL seeking the advice and expertise of Anna Wintour when it came to the planning, editing and execution of their collections
The September issue is the biggest and most important issue for the magazine as it showcases all the season's new trends. Sienna Miller graced the cover of the magazine which this year had the most number of pages ever in a September Issue. Unfortunately this programme has not yet been uploaded onto 4od, but !keep an eye out for it as it is definitely a must see
4) If you go shopping in one town go to York ! Far from your modernised shopping cities in the UK such as London, Birmingham and Manchester. York is a mixture of classically old and high end new. The city had a very 'ye olde english' look and feel but was well equipped for any fashion lover with such shops as Pandora, L.K Bennett and Cath Kidston. With also everyones favourite High Street shops such as H&M, New Look and Primark.
5) If you buy one magazine this month buy Love ! I know I'm slightly contradicting myself as I've already recommended Elle and Vogue magazine, but a girl can never have enough fashion magazines ! My dad's jaw hit the floor when I told him how much it was but the quality of styling and photography of the photographs are amazing ! So amazing I'm gonna feature my favourite photographs in My Loves! My Lusts!
6) If you have a meal in one restaurant go to Bem Brasil ! I recently went to this restaurant on Deansgate Manchester (they also have a restaurant in the Northern Quarter,) for my best friend Louisa Robinson's 21st birthday ! I had honestly never heard of it before but Louisa constantly raved about it, and now I can see why! Definitely for those who are keen eaters, barbecuers and carnivores, basically you sit down while waiters/waitresses bring you ample amounts of meat which has just been spit roasted right in front of you. Chicken, Sausage, Beef Steak, Lamb, and Pork take your pick and all this can be accompanied by pasta, salads and other side orders at the self service area. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, the staff are extremely helpful, the prices are reasonable and the cocktails are yummy !
7) If you buy from one online store, buy from GiGi Vintage ! I really appreciate it when people who I don't know on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twiiter become friends/followers of my blog ! To be honest I was shocked that such an established business such as GiGi Vintage became a follower of my heart on my fashion sleeve ! But from the second we became internet friends, I was in love with GiGi Vintage ! I'm really stuck when it comes to the words to best describe the absolute amazing items on their website ! Gigi Vintage which is all about out with the new and in with the old is the outfit for any vintage fashion lover. Selling everything from clothing to footwear to jewellery make sure you save some of your student loan or wages because you are bound to find something at this online store !
This 1980's floral playsuit is my favourite item in the clothing the section and hopefully next week when I get my student loan I will be it's rightful owner ! I had to resist glancing over the rest of the website as I knew I would end up spending more money then I have. Make sure you visit the website Click Here !