Wednesday 29 December 2010

My Loves ! My Lusts !

Sales really do leave me puzzled, some may agree and some may disagree with my theory and views on the matter. I see sales as a shops attempt to get rid of stock they couldn't sell when it was first brought to the shop. So just because a garment has 50% or 75% off it's original price doesn't make the actual garment any more appealing, only it's price. Personally I am not fooled ! If I'm not going to by a garment when it first arrives at a shop, I'm not going to buy it six months later just because it's in a sale. I think I'm less likely to buy it during the sales because of how irate and violent some women actually get but more importantly I'm not fooled by shops methods of selling clothes especially to those with little or no fashion sense or awareness.

This edition of My Loves ! My Lusts ! is based upon my visit to Selfridges today ! As I made my way to the third floor I attempted to dodge the elbows and barges from frantic shopaholics who have their eyes set on last years collections haphazardly hanging on the sale rails. I was instantly drawn to Sonia Rykiel's new collection hanging proudly near the cashiers desk.


I picked out this jumper which I love and I am definitely lusting after due to it's price tag of £360.
I think this grey jumper is simplistic but quirky at the same time. It is a classic trademark knitwear from Sonia Rykiel and made from 100% cashmere wool. I would wear this with leggings and ankle or pixie boots. Sonia Rykiel is available at Selfridges and also online at asos.com !







My second lust I also found while perousing around Selfridges. This time from designer brand Acne. This cut racer back tank has  circular printed lettering, a scooped neckline and deep cut armholes which I particular like vests and tanks to have. This top is priced at £70 and is also available in black. I would wear this top with hareem pants or skinny jeans.




No comments:

Post a Comment