Wednesday 4 August 2010

All Things August

So it's the third month into this feature I'm posting on my blog, and each month I'm finding it more difficult to narrow my selection down to just one of each segment ! If you disagree with my choices I apologise in advance ! I am on the other hand finding more to write about as I have all the free time in the world and I've been going out more with family and friends

1) If you download one song, download Eliza Doolittle - Pack Up ! This song is definitely a summery and uplifting song even if the weather doesn't accompany it !   Eliza Doolittle - Pack Up Watch Me !

2) If you drink one cocktail this month, try a Raspberry Mojito. As youve probably seen from previous blogs I've posted I am fond of the odd, few or several mojitos. So last weekend when I went to T.G.I Friday's for a few cheeky cocktails with the parents, I was offered a Raspberry Mojito. It was yummy and tasted just like a original mojito but with an added fruity twist !




3) If you have free time during the summer catch up with friends and family. Because I spend two thirds of the year in Preston, I find it hard and really miss spending time with my friends and family so while I'm home for the Summer, I'm trying to catch up and spend time with everyone who's important to me. Whether it's cocktails with the family, DVD night with the boyfriend, drinks at friends house or even traveling to Liverpool to be a groupie !

4) If you look at one designers work, look at Salvatore Ferregamo ! 



Salvatore Ferregamo was a Italian shoe designer. He immigrated to the United States in the 1920's where he became the shoe maker to the stars, fashioning shoes for the most powerful women of the century including Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.


  

After thirteen years in the states, Ferregamo returned to Italy in 1927 where he opened up a workshop in Via Mannelli. He concentrated his efforts on experimenting with design, his most famous design is arguably the "Cage Heel".

 

He is also designed the infamous Ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz !



Salvatore Ferregamo died in 1962, however his name lives on as an international company run by his widow, children and grand children. The company has expanded its operations to include luxury shoes, bags, eyewear, watches, perfumes and a ready-to-wear clothing line. 

5) On the Facebook page for my blog I posted a wall message to see if there was any particular area in which people would want me to recommend for this month. My fabulous friend Patrick, with his twisted and Gaga like fashion ways asked me to look at stripper shoes. Not one to let my followers/fans down I looked through an online shop for stripper shoes and came across this pair !


From the website I found these which seemed to be the least tacky pair, so the question is there a possible link between fashion and these stripper shoes. Well, I don't know if anyone can remember back to when Naomi Campbell did more strutting then hitting. She featured in a Vivienne Westwood runway show in Paris, wearing ten inch high heels which she famously fell over in.



In my opinion the two pairs of shoes although used for two very different reasons, actually share a lot in common. Both ten inch high and both impossible to walk in, as Naomi displays here in this clip I found !

6) If you go to watch one film this week, relive your youth and go watch Toy Story 3. With this third installment of the Toy Story trilogy, it is just as much a film for adults as it is for children. With the old but popular characters back, plus the addition of new toys, its definitely one to see, even if there is a hefty price tag to watch it ! My favourite new character has to be Ken, but I won't spoil the film for you ! Toy Story 3 Trailer - Watch !

7) If you go shopping in one shop, go to Best Vintage ! This shop has been one of my favourite for years, situated in the heart of Manchester city centre it sells the purest vintage garments and accessories.




It is the shop I go to if I want a new handbag or a new garment that is going to make an outfit, whether it be a statement jacket or an eye catching skirt. Definitely the shop for people who prefer an individual style and to create their own outfits ! Find Best Vintage at 41 Oldham Street, Manchester.

8) If you follow one trend this season, follow the camel ! Yes you heard me right this season it's all about the camel, which is a bit ironic seeing as I got back from Egypt last month ! 



This seasons runway shows all unveiled the surprising comeback colour beige which this year has been renamed Camel.

My favourite finds of the use of this colour include this Fred Perry Chino Skirt, from Fred Perry.

 

This gorgeous wool mix blazer by Armand Basi has gone straight to the top of my wish list !




No comments:

Post a Comment