Thursday 28 October 2010

I'm Dazed and Confused !

I recently completed my first photoshoot project for my second year at university.I worked within a group and we were required to source a location, clothing and model and complete the styling for the shoot.
The photoshoot was based around the Francis Bacon, who if you’re not familiar with his work, painted mostly distorted heads sometimes screaming and models in contorted poses.



The styling for the shoot was inspired by analysing the trends from this year’s London Fashion Week’s Spring/Summer 2011 Ready-to-Wear collections. We looked closely at the collections of Acne, Hannah Marshall, and Paul Smith. Who set the trends with tailoring, colour blocking and sheer fabrics.



Hannah Marshall


Acne


Paul Smith

We then had to decide what magazine our photographs best suited. My group and I decided on Dazed and Confused as we believed that the art direction of the photographs was similar to those within the magazine. I picked out what I thought were the best photographs from the photoshoot.








Styling, Photography, Hair and Make Up; Carmen Thompstone Pascoe, Rachel Quick and Michelle Makin.









No comments:

Post a Comment