Day 3 - 16th February
Today my boyfriend took me to the Odeon to see the newly released film Paul.
The film was hilariously funny and the science fiction element of the movie made me think about those designers in the fashion industry who have used sci-fi and futurism as inspiration for their work.
Louise Goldin Spring 2010
Alexander McQueen Spring 2010
Gucci Spring 2010
This trend has multiple interpretations and styles, the most significant elements I have seen appear from designers are :
- Fish or reptile scales making up futuristic forms
- Metallic fabrics and detailing
- Circuitry inspired patterns
- Robotic inspired elements
- Unusual and exaggerated silhouettes such as pointed and elaborate shoulders